How to repel mosquitoes using ingredients you likely have in your pantry?
With all our homemade salves, massage oils and creams I am drowning in oil stains! This mosquito repellent recipe is water-based, so it will not stain the kid's clothing or sheets, hooray.
In addition, it is so easy since you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry or growing in your garden. It is basically infused apple cider vinegar with some added essential oils.
1) Take equal parts of the following herbs (either fresh or dried):
- sage - rosemary - thyme - lavender - mints
2) Use them to fill a jar about halfway, lightly packed. (The herbalist Susan Weed describes the way to pack the herbs in the jar as making a bed for a fairy.)
3) Fill the jar to the top with apple cider vinegar and label the jar with contents and the date.
4) Allow infusing for 3 weeks, shaking daily for the first week.
5) Strain into a spray or roll-on bottle.
6) Add essential oils 5 drops of each: lemon eucalyptus, geranium and lemongrass.