Lavender is wonderful as a calming scent right before you go to bed. It quiets the mind, relaxes the soul and encourages a peaceful night sleep. I chose to use dried lavender that I purchased online at Amazon along with lavender essential oil which I always have in my medicine cabinet. I added honey because of its natural antibacterial properties along with the fact that it is a natural humectant. That means honey will actually help draw moisture right into your skin more so than if you were just bathing in water alone.
Silicone molds work best for these lavender bath melts. Once they harden, you can easily pop them right out of the mold with just a gentle push to the back of the mold. If you don’t have something like this to work with you could just line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with waxed paper and pour all of the melted bath melts right into the pan. Once it is hardened you can lift out the hardened bath melt and cut it into small squares using a sharp knife. They won’t look quite as pretty but they will work just the same!
100 grams Shea Butter
100 grams Cocoa Butter
1 TBSP dried lavender
40 drops lavender essential oil
1 TBSP honey
1. In a small glass measuring cup place the shea butter, the cocoa butter and the honey.
2. Place a small sauce pan on the stove and add a few inches of water to it.
3. Place the measuring cup into the sauce pan and turn the heat on to medium
4. Swirl the measuring cup occasionally to mix the ingredients as they melt.
5. Once the mixture is melted completely, remove from the water and let cool slightly.
6. Add the essential oil and lavender flowers and stir gently until combined
7. Pour into silicone molds and let harden. You can place it in the freezer or refrigerator to speed the process up a bit.
8. Once the bath melts are hardened, gently push them out of the mold
9. Store in a covered jar or sealed container
10. To use, run a bath with comfortably hot water, toss in one or two bath melts and allow to melt.
11. Get into your bathtub and enjoy a relaxing and soothing bath experience!